Kyle Walker: 'I made bad decisions' over lockdown breaches, says England full back

 Manchester City defender Kyle Walker says he made "bad decisions" when he broke coronavirus lockdown guidelines twice earlier this year.


The 29-year-old is in the England squad for the upcoming Nations League matches against Iceland and Denmark.

But in May he had to apologise after two lockdown breaches.

"I reflect on my decision making. They were bad decisions from me at an important time for the country," he told BBC Radio 5 Live's John Murray.

"I take full responsibility for that but I'm moving on now.
"Me and the boss [England manager Gareth Southgate] spoke after the lockdown incidents and, you know, he assured me that we all make mistakes.

"Obviously, mine were on a bigger scale and gets magnified with me being in the public eye and a role model, so I have to take full responsibility for my actions, which I have done."

Walker, who has 48 caps but has not played in any of England's last six matches, said he was now hoping to reach the milestone of 50 caps.

"At 19 when I first joined in the England team, I'd have said no chance," Walker said.

"But now I think it's possible. Obviously I've only got two more caps to get to that and that's a big goal of mine.    ufa-bet


"Not many players can say that they've got 50 caps for their country and especially for England.

"Hopefully I can be a part of that club and it'd be a very proud moment for me and my family."

Line ID @ufa98v2


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tesla reveals its Plaid powertrain will be available for delivery in 2021

Ibrahimovic scores twice in AC Milan win

Ilkay Gundogan: Manchester City midfielder tests positive for coronavirus